Think Safety, Think Honeywell
Protect People, Property, Performance and Profitability
Go beyond Protection to obtain Greater Building Performance
Keep people Safe, Control Costs, Ensure Compliance
The Sensepoint XCD range provides comprehensive monitoring of flammable, toxic and Oxygen gas hazards in potentially explosive atmospheres, both indoors and outdoors. Users can modify detector operation using the LCD and magnet switches without ever needing to open the unit. This enables one-man, non-intrusive operation and reduces routine maintenance time and costs.
A tri-colour backlit LCD clearly indicates the unit’s status at a glance, even from a distance. A steady green backlight indicates normal operation, flashing yellow indicates fault and flashing red indicates an alarm.
All detectors are supplied pre-configured and include 2 programmable alarm relays, 1 programmable fault relay as well as an industry standard 4-20mA output (sink or source selectable) and MODBUS*.
The scale, range, relay operation, alarm set point and electronic tag number of the detector can be adjusted using the transmitter’s LCD and non-intrusive magnetic switches. Outputs are automatically inhibited during adjustment, thereby reducing the risk of false alarm at the control panel during maintenance.
Sensepoint XCD has an integral mounting plate for surface mounting or can be mounted to a horizontal or vertical pipe using the optional pipe mounting bracket. Electrical installation can be made using either conduit or cable with suitable mechanical protection. Two M20 or ¾”NPT entries are provided (depending on certification). A weatherproof cap is also included for use in the harshest outdoor conditions. Other optional accessories include a sunshade/deluge protection, duct mounting kit, collecting cone and remote mounting sensor socket*.
Sensepoint XCD ensures easy installation and the fastest routine operation by removing the need for hot work permits in hazardous areas. Using easy to replace plug-in sensors, downtime is also reduced and on-going costs are minimised through the use of poison resistant flammable sensors, poison immune infrared Hydrocarbon sensors and patented Surecell™ toxic sensors.
- Industrial manufacturing facilities
- Power plants
- Waste water facilities
- Food and beverage production
- Refineries and chemical plants
- Onshore oil and gas terminals
- Production platforms
- Exploration and drilling
The catalytic sensors of the 201T can be used to detect hundreds of different gases and inflammable vapour concentrations.
The 201T gas detection transmitter is designed to meet or exceed safety requirements in a variety of commercial and industrial applications.
The 201T series transmitters are able to detect a wide range of toxic and explosive gases. The 201T gas detection transmitter can work in an addressable network mode with the 301C controller through an RS-485 Modbus link. They can also be used in a stand-alone configuration with an optional 4-20mA or alarm relay outputs.
The catalytic sensors of the 201T can be used to detect hundreds of different gasses and inflammable vapour concentrations. Toxic gasses are detected by way of electrochemical cells, while metal-air battery cells are used to detect oxygen. Moreover, a second generation of semi-conductor detectors offer a highly effective solution for a variety of different applications.
• 10-step LED display
• Proven sensing technology
• Easy installation and operation
• Field-proven protection
• Robust RS-485 Modbus communication
• Stand-alone or network configuration
• Full compatibility with the Vulcain 301C controller
• Innovative and compact case design
• Optional 4-20 mA and one relay output
• Optional audible alarm and LCD display
Offering unique zoning capabilities which permit the averaging and comparison of multiple sensor readings.
The VA301C continuously monitors and controls toxic gases, combustible gases, and oxygen hazards. Designed for installation and operational simplicity, the VA301C reduces the cost of installation and ownership.
Using an addressable RS-485 Modbus communication protocol, the 301C uses daisy chain wiring requiring only 2 pairs of wires to connect up to 96 transmitters on the 3 input channels. This simplifies installation, in turn lowering costs. The 301C’s zoning and averaging abilities significantly reduce operational and maintenance costs.
Zoning/Averaging Capabilities Reduce Operational Costs
The 301C controller offers unique zoning capabilities which permit the averaging and comparison of multiple sensor readings. Zoning can reduce operational costs by ensuring that localized brief fluctuations registered at a single transmitter do not activate relays. For example, a car idling in a parking structure may locally increase a reading at a nearby transmitter. Rather than activating a fan as a result of the temporary localized fluctuation, zoning can be used to limit relay activation until the average reading for a zone exceeds a set-point. This can reduce run time of fans, yielding savings in both energy usage and wear and tear. The 301C has the capacity to manage input from three Modbus channels for up to 96 transmitters and up to 50 wireless transmitters which can be associated with up to 126 zones. Transmitters can belong to an unlimited number of zones, providing maximum operational and control flexibility.
- Zero maintenance
- Automatic quick self-test and warm-up
- Continuous alphanumeric display
Inexpensive and Reliable
- Low installation costs
- Allows for up to 126 zoning groups which can save energy and extend fan and relay life
- Manages up to 768 events with programmable latching alarms
- Modbus compatible; with BACnet/IP available
- Interchangeable transmitters able to detect different gases
- Expands to handle up to 96 transmitters or relay modules and up to 50 301W wireless sensors
- Programmable time delays
- Integrated time clock enables scheduling of system operations
- Full array of visual indicators and integrated 65dBA alarm levels
- Fully programmable relays (can be set as fail-safe or not)
- Available in a heavy duty industrial housing
- Datalogging option
Vulcain 301EM Mechanical Room Controller.
The Vulcain 301EM Expansion Module acts as a controller for up to four remote refrigerant sensors and suits a variety of gas detection system solutions.
Easily configured to meet ASHRAE 15, B-52 and International Mechanical Code requirements, the 301EM is commonly used to optimize gas detection in mechanical and chiller rooms. A full complement of sensors (including toxic, oxygen, combustible gases and a full line of refrigerant sensors), horns, strobes and remote panels provide added flexibility to suit a variety of gas detection system solutions.
ASHRAE No 15-2001 Mechanical Standard and B-52 Code Compliance
The ASHRAE and B-52 security standards have been established to minimize risk and protect the safety of mechanical room personnel and the environment at large. Available in a special configuration, the 301EM mechanical room controller has been carefully designed to meet and even exceed these rigorous standards. The Vulcain 301EM can be configured to offer automatic fan, horn and strobe activation in addition to manual fan activation. Latching relay for manual alarm recognition, silence key for manual horn deactivation, built-in 24 Vdc outputs for horn operation, and 2 breakglass switch accessories for manual alarm activation ensure optimal performance.
• Easy to read LCD display
• Auto-diagnostic capabilities Economical Solution
• Cost-effective answer for installation in hazardous locations
• Able to operate with up to four remote sensors at time
• Various sensors available to simultaneously detect a range of different gases
• Robust and reliable RS-485 Modbus communication
• Three 24 Vdc alarm outputs and four 4-20 mA outputs
• Four fully programmable relays
• Three alarm levels with built-in visual indicators and audible alarm
• Convenient stand-alone or network operation
Wireless protection from CO and NO2 hazards without battery replacement, calibration or maintenance for two years.
By removing the necessity for expensive wiring and by greatly reducing installation costs, the Vulcain 301W can cut the bottom line for a parking garage’s CO
(carbon monoxide) monitoring system.
The Vulcain 301W wireless gas transmitter is designed to detect carbon monoxide (CO) and nitrogen dioxide (NO2) in parking structures or oxygen (O2) in other applications. It operates for 2 years without calibration, maintenance or battery replacement. The Vulcain 301W gas transmitter exchanges data with the Vulcain 301C controller over a wireless mesh network via a secured 128 bit encrypted communication protocol. In contrast to traditional networks, this system offers greater flexibility and operational reliability together with significant installation and operational savings. Without the need of monitor hardwiring, installation costs are drastically reduced—simply wall mount the Vulcain 301W transmitter, turn it on and it is ready for operation.
Unlike point-to-point or point-to-multipoint communication, if the communication path fails, the system automatically finds an alternative route. This enables continuous contact, even in harsh environments. The inherent network integrity combined with zoning capabilities and electrochemical sensor accuracy minimizes false alarms and ultimately trims operational costs.
Zoning / Averaging
The Vulcain 301C controller offers unique zoning capabilities which permit the averaging and comparison of multiple sensor readings. Zoning can reduce operational costs by ensuring that localized brief fluctuations registered at a single transmitter do not activate relays. For example, a car idling in a parking structure may locally increase a reading at a nearby transmitter. Rather than activating a fan as a result of the temporary localized fluctuation, zoning can be used to limit relay activation until the average reading for a zone exceeds a set-point. This can reduce run time of fans, yielding savings in both energy usage and wear and tear. The Vulcain 301C has the capacity to manage input from three Modbus channels for up to 96 transmitters and up to 50 wireless transmitters which can be associated with up to 126 zones. Transmitters can belong to an unlimited number of zones, providing maximum operational and control flexibility.
• Self-contained, wall mounted enclosure
• Simple push button operation
Easy and Inexpensive to Install
• Simply wall mount (no hardwiring required)
• Turn it on and the Vulcain 301W auto configures to the controller and is fully operational
• Unobtrusive slim-line profile
• No mounting bracket required
Few Requirements – Simple Operation
• No calibration required for two years
• No monitor hardwiring required
• No battery replacement require for two years
• After two years, simply replace the easily removed sensor/battery pack
• Allows for up to 50 remote transmitters in the system
• Virtually no false alarms—accurate and reliable
• Route redundancy, so if one link fails, communication is automatically re-established through another monitor
• Avoids interference with Bluetooth, WIFI and other wireless systems
• Secured 128 bit encrypted wireless mesh network
• Periodic ‘heartbeat’ signal ensures all transmitters are continuously active
Beneficial Controller Options
• Datalogging option available
• Optional BACnet/IP Output
Vulcain 90DM4 Infrared CO2 Gas Monitor – The newest refinement in infrared carbon dioxide detection.
The Vulcain 90DM4 improves upon the 90DM3A’s reliable dual sensing technology by offering better drift and temperature compensation, in addition to a redesigned enclosure built to enhance airflow and an improved backlit display (optional).
Installation, connection and use of the 90DM4 are virtually identical to the 90DM3A. With the same state-of-the-art microprocessor controlled CO2 monitoring coupled with refined performance, the 90DM4 is the top choice for monitoring CO2 levels in schools, offices, or any other commercial application.
Mounting Made Unique and Easy
To provide maximum versatility, the 90DM4 is available with two different housing configurations, making it ideally suited to virtually any commercial or industrial gas detection application. Both enclosures are made of ABS plastic, offering maximum durability.
Designed to accurately detect the presence of CO2 in air-handling systems, the DT Model represents a radical innovation in housing design. Unlike other units on the market today, the enclosure is totally airtight, more compact, and extremely lightweight, with a convenient mounting bracket to improve installation. All in all, its superior operational and cost efficiency make the DT Model the only choice for larger-scale CO2 detection applications.
The SM Model is a wall-mounted unit with a compact and an aesthetically pleasing design which blends perfectly and discretely with any room decor. Easily installed directly onto drywall or other surfaces, the SM Model ensures superior gas detection.
• Trouble-free operation
• No moving parts
• Menu driven easy calibration
• Improved drift and temperature compensation
• Redesigned enclosure to enhance airflow
Versatility and Reliability
• Proven infrared technology
• Specific CO2 monitoring
• Built-in microprocessor
• 4-20 mA communication
• Optional backlit display
• Optional relay contact closure (fail safe)
• 0-5% detection range
• Modbus network output available (RS-485)
Quad Intelligent Audio Transponder
The XPIQ Quad Intelligent Audio Transponder is for distributed multichannel voice evacuation systems, playing up to four simultaneous messages. It is an integrated audio amplification and distribution subsystem controlled by an FACP (Fire Alarm Control Panel) via the SLC (Signaling Line Circuit). The XPIQ can direct up to four low-level audio signals from the risers to four audio amplifiers. The amplified audio signals are then directed to up to four integrated, continuously supervised speaker circuits. The XPIQ is compatible with all Onyx panels, with the exception of the NFS-320.
NOTE: The XPIQ can also be used with Legacy panels. Please refer to the XPIQ manual for more information.
• Four Class B speaker circuits (Class A with XPIQ-CA).
• Accepts four audio riser channels from XPIQ-AIB4 option board.
• Four amplifier slots.
• Continuously supervised amplifiers and speakers.
• All-call local page capability with optional RM-1(SA) remote microphone and XPIQ-RMI.
• Two independent user-configurable tone generators either for riser backup or as a main tone source.
• Supports routing of all-call page from single remote microphone to other XPIQ-MBs in the same cabinet.
• Background music input terminal block.
• Ten-position background music volume-control switch.
• Multiple variations of backup configurations:
– 1 to 1 backup.
– 2 to 1 backup.
– 3 to 1 backup.
– 2 to 2 backup.
– 1 to 1 external backup (backup amplifier in another XPIQ).
– 2 to 1 external backup (backup amplifier in another XPIQ).
– 3 to 1 external backup (backup amplifier in another XPIQ).
– 4 to 1 external backup (backup amplifier in another XPIQ).
• Supports backup amplifier sharing between two or more XPIQs within the same cabinet.
• Includes four Class B or two Class A notification appliance circuits or telephone circuits.
• Ring tone on firefighter telephone circuits.
• Supervised firefighter telephone riser input with in and out terminals.
• XPIQ-PS(E) power supply control/supervision that includes AC, battery, and charger monitoring.
• AC trouble delay option (none, 8-hour delay, 16-hour delay).
• Ground fault detection.
• Easy software upgrading and programming accomplished by downloading from PC via serial port.
• Nonvolatile memory for storing configuration data.
• Pluggable terminal blocks for field wiring.
• Accessory trouble input.